During this 30 minute appointment we will take some basic measurements such as your height and weight and then take a brief medical history from you. It’s nothing to worry about; we simply want to get to know you and your health a little better.
Following the health check you will be fully registered with the Practice and be free to make appointments with any of our Doctors and other clinical staff.
What to bring to your appointment
When you attend your new patient health check you will be required to bring the following things with you:
- The two registration forms fully completed and signed
- A urine sample (you can either take away a pot and bring it back with you or provide a sample on the day of your appointment)
- A list of any medications you take. This will help to reduce any delays in you getting your next prescription
- Two forms of identification; one form of personal identification and one proof of address
- If your child is under 5 years you will need to bring with you their red immunisation book.
Named accountable GP
When you register with us, you will be allocated a named GP who is accountable for your care. For continuity of care we encourage you to see your named GP each time you come to the Practice. There will be times, however, when s/he isn’t available to see you and when this happens we will provide an explanation and offer you an appointment with another clinician. If you are not happy with your allocated GP you may request a change and we will endeavor to accommodate your request.